Would you like to become a Waterfront Partnership Hospitality or Safety Guide? The Waterfront Partnership Operations Team is always looking for enthusiastic, hard-working team members. All of our hiring needs are handled by Block by Block. For a list of openings and to apply online visit http://www.blockbyblock.com/blockbyblock/career-opportunities.php
Waterfront Partnership’s Management Team oversees all of the Waterfront Partnership Initiatives, special projects, marketing, events, and more. We are currently hiring a Marketing Manager.
Marketing Manager - Waterfront Partnership is a nonprofit organization located in Baltimore’s Harbor East neighborhood. On behalf of Baltimore’s Waterfront – its signature asset - the Partnership strives to create an environment that is always enjoyable, frequently entertaining and often educational. We serve as the Harbor’s chief advocate, promoter, and steward.
We are currently seeking a fulltime marketing manager. The marketing manager will be responsible for promoting the Waterfront Partnership’s key initiatives and the Waterfront’s assets. Event support will be provided by a contracted Events Coordinator.
Primary work responsibilities include:
· Preparing an overall marketing strategy for the Harbor
· Maintaining an active social media presence
· Growing our subscriber base through social media platforms and our listserv
· Keeping Waterfront Partnership’s website updated
· Organizing and writing monthly electronic newsletter
· Providing overall event and programming direction and supervision
· Cultivating relationships with Waterfront businesses and stakeholders
· Promoting the a smarter way to get there transportation initiative
· Supporting other marketing initiatives as needed
This position will typically require 40 hours/week. Flexibility is essential since hours and work days will vary some depending on events and the season.
The ideal candidate will have a B.A. in marketing and a minimum of five years’ experience in performing marketing including designing and implementing successful social media marketing.
Strong writing and oral communication skills are essential as is a strong understanding of major social media platforms.
City residency and familiarity with Baltimore City’s offerings is a plus.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Please send cover letter and resume to Laurie@WaterfrontPartnership.org
We are also looking for great interns. For more information email Beth@WaterfrontPartnership.org.
Stay Afloat on Waterfront Partnership!
June 2013 Newsletter