CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
Learn more about what it takes and current opportunities with our Operations Team here.
Waterfront Partnership is the proud steward of Baltimore’s crown jewel, its Inner Harbor and Waterfront. We’re lean, nimble and effective; the only organization that wakes up every day, rolls its sleeves up and gets to work on new ways we can make Baltimore’s Waterfront even more active, attractive and appealing. We’re the hosts who greet visitors, the creators of programs and promotions and managers of our beautiful parks.
We encourage investment in Baltimore’s most celebrated asset so it can continue to grow, to serve as a place of pride and the place where Baltimoreans come together to recreate and to celebrate.
Waterfront Partnership is dedicated to creating an active and attractive Waterfront and a sustainable future for Baltimore’s world-class Waterfront.
The Marketing Manager will report to the Director of Marketing Communications, and work with the Events Manager and Director of Special Projects to help implement the Organization’s marketing strategies. The Marketing Manager will be responsible for supporting the events and marketing team in the administration and coordination required to plan and implement the Organization’s internal and external marketing activities. The role includes the following activities, but is not limited to:
• Design brochures, logos, signs, annual reports, advertisements, web banners, promotional items and other communication materials as needed for print and web applications
• Manage and build overall e-mail marketing strategy from content sourcing and design, to execution and tracking analytics
• Manage the creation and publishing of relevant, original, high-quality content for all social media channels, engage with social media followers, and monitor the success and analytics of each channel
• Manage the Organization’s websites with new content (copywriting, photos, event listings, blogs, etc.) as needed and track all web analytics
• Assist with event marketing efforts including photography, promo videos, managing community event calendar listings, coordinating community canvassing efforts, and engaging on social media
• Support events manager and staff with events (set-up, staffing, etc.)
• Assist with communication and outreach efforts to local constituents (businesses, property owners, residents)
• Develop strategies for effective data analysis and reporting
• Work with Director of Marketing Communications to establish annual marketing goals and budget
• Analyze marketing and communications programs and make recommendations to adjust strategy and tactics to increase effectiveness
Experience and other requirements:
• College degree and at least 3 years of relevant marketing experience
• Excellent verbal and writing skills
• Strong proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (specifically InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver)
• Strong social media experience (Facebook, Twitter, IG) and familiarity with social media management tools
• Intermediate level HTML experience is required
• Microsoft Office Suite experience (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect and analyze data, preferred
• Photography and video skills (shooting and editing), preferred
• Experience using a CRM system, desired
• Ability to pay attention to detail, multi task, take initiative and work independently
• Extremely well-organized and accurate
This is a full-time position currently available. Compensation commensurate with experience. Waterfront Partnership offers excellent benefits, including vacation time, 401(k) plan with employer match after 1 year of employment, health insurance partially funded by employer, life insurance, long-term disability, short-term disability, and flextime.
To apply: Please send a cover letter, resume, graphic design samples, and salary requirement to Matt Shaffer at MattS@WaterfrontPartnership.org. Be sure to include “Marketing Manager” in the subject line. Phone calls will not be accepted. Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. Waterfront Partnership of Baltimore is an equal opportunity employer.