CURRENT JOB OPENINGS WITH WATERFRONT PARTNERSHIP
DIRECTOR OF MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
Director of Marketing Communications
Waterfront Partnership’s Director of Marketing Communications is responsible for planning, developing and implementing the Organization’s marketing and event strategies, including communications, social media, branding, promotions, public relations, event planning, seeking sponsorships; and establishing partnerships with area stakeholders. Communications are aimed at conveying Waterfront Partnership’s positive impact and the Waterfront’s appeal, resulting in increased visits by locals. This position is responsible for identifying and carrying out new and novel ways to convey and highlight the Partnership’s brand and ensures our brand is carried out in preparation of electronic and print materials.
This position reports to the President and serves as a member of the senior management team. The Director of Marketing Communications supervises the Marketing Manager and Events Manager positions and has a “dotted line” relationship with the Communications Manager, Healthy Harbor. The position has a primary working relationship with the President, senior management team, Board Members, events and PR staff and service providers.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
The Director is responsible for creating, implementing and measuring the success of a comprehensive marketing communications program including public relations and events that will enhance the Organization’s and the Waterfront’s image and position within the marketplace and with the general public.
- Facilitating the organization’s external communications.
- Preparation of marketing materials including print and electronic communications, publications, social media, website and media relations.
- Ensure articulation of the Organization’s desired image and position, assure consistent communication of image and position throughout the Organization, as well as to external constituencies.
- Work with the Communications Manager, Healthy Harbor to develop, monitor, and track Organization’s social media updates, trends, and campaigns.
- Oversee public relations including managing the contract with the Public Relations firm and ensure timely and appropriate responses to media requests.
- Serve as an Organization representative with the media.
- Coordinate the appearance of all Organization print and electronic materials to convey brand.
- Create and oversee development of and communication about events, programs, promotions and campaigns to market the Waterfront with the goal of attracting use of the Waterfront by Baltimore residents.
- Lead special projects as assigned, such as cause-related marketing and special events.
- Update and maintain all organizational websites.
- Work with the Marketing Manager to compile information for, write, build, and send a monthly “Harbor Happenings” newsletter.
Community Collaborations and Partnerships, Events and Sponsorship:
Baltimore’s Waterfront includes many stakeholders ranging from property owners, retail and restaurant owners, users, government partners and companies interested in obtaining exposure with Waterfront users; an important way to add value and expand our marketing efforts is to establish a variety of events and community partnerships.
The Director is responsible for:
- Connecting regularly with area stakeholders, establishing common interests and identifying and implementing as appropriate, cooperative marketing efforts.
- Preparing and issuing timely communications to area stakeholders to keep them informed of issues and activities impacting the Waterfront area.
- Working closely with the Events Manager to conceptualize, help plan and execute, and evaluate effectiveness of annual events and programs.
- Identifying, cultivating and reaching out to sponsor prospects; sharing sponsorship opportunities and establishing sponsorship partnerships that result in multi-year sponsorship commitments.
- Preparing, drafting and designing sponsorship packages that convey unique opportunities for Waterfront Partnership events and the Inner Harbor Ice Rink.
- Maintain contact with prospects and sponsors, continually sharing benefits and results.
Planning, Budgeting, and Organizational Strategy
- Develop short- and long-term goals, plans and budgets for the department and its activities; track and monitor progress, assure adherence and evaluate performance.
- Work with senior staff to maintain a strategic perspective and plan to ensure the overall health and vitality of the Organization.
- Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of seven years of proven and direct experience in communications and marketing.
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience managing the design and production of electronic and print materials and publications
- Experience in creative use of social media platforms
- Hands-on graphic design experience desirable
- Demonstrated success in establishing partnerships to achieve organizational goals
- Proven success as an event planner and coordinator
- Fundraising and sponsorship experience desirable
- Experience in public relations and events beneficial
- Non-profit experience a plus
- Experience developing and managing budgets
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time and independently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literacy in Google Workspace, Word, Excel, Power Point, Adobe Creative Suite and CMS based websites
- Strong preference for Baltimore City residency
Salary and Benefits
- Salary commensurate with qualifications.
- Benefits include generous PTO, 401(k) plan with employer match, employer partially funded health insurance, employer paid life insurance, long-term disability and short-term disability, flextime, and the ability to work a percentage of time remotely until the current public health crisis abates.
To apply: Please send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirement to jobs@WaterfrontPartnership.org. Be sure to include “Director of Marketing Communications” in the subject line. Phone calls will not be accepted. Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. Waterfront Partnership of Baltimore is an equal opportunity employer.
Are you looking for a job where you can make a difference in your community every day? Do you like being part of a team and helping others? Learn more about what it takes to be part of our Operations Team and apply today! Apply here.